On Althea pills, missed taking it at the proposed time. Will it cause pregnancy?

Hi doc, Good afternoon. I forget to take althea pill last night, i usually drink it 9:30 pm, when I remembered today, I drink at 10AM. and yesterday, same thing happened, in the night i forget to drink, when I remembered already 4:30 pm when I drink. Is there a possible effect for me to be pregnant? Thank you. Regards, Maryam
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012
as long as you are taking the pill every day, even if it is not at the same time, it should still prevent pregnancy, though it may be slightly less effective. to be totally safe, you can use a Condon for extra protection until the end of this pack, big it is probably unnecessary. if you find that this is a common problem, you should talk to your doctor about switching to a long term
method like an IUD that won't require remembering to take a pill every day.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions.