Oily dark colored stools. What could this be?

My son (5 yrs. old) and husband (38 yrs, old) have both had oily dark colored stools. What could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Apr 2011
from symptoms it seems that both might have dysentery problem , either bacillary or amoebic
you may go for stool test,stool test will definitely help to cure their problem.
after test a course of anti dysentry course will solve the problem.
Homeopath Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy's  Response

Welcome to healthcare forum

Oily means mixed with mucus. Does they have any abdominal pain? how many times they have gone for stool? If there is no pain and the frequency of stool is not more than 2 then nothing to be worried just mild disturbances. the color depends upon the foods he takes. The color could be greenish if took more green leafy vegetables;if took beat also and of any iron preparation tablets that also caused dark color. Just change the diet. Give cord rice, or khichidi. avoid oily spices and rich foods that will be helpful.

Thank you