Occasional spotting, taking Vagifem, pap smear normal. What could be the reason?

I am 55 years old and over the last 5 months, I have occasional spotting. I was to see my doctor and I knew I had vaginal dryness so he gave me Vagifem 10 which I am taking. I am waiting to see a specialist, but it is taking some time. I had a pap done 9 months ago and everything was fine. Still, the occasional bleeding continues - maybe a month, three weeks or more often when it happens with no rhyme or reason. Please supply me with some knowledge. Maureen
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013