Occasional erectile dysfuncion, difficulty in sustaining erection due to rapid breathing during sex, asthma since childhood, on Symbicort. Is there any correlation?

I am a 52 yr old male who has suffered with asthma since childhood. I have done my best to control my asthma with diet and exercise and have done pretty well with this program (I even ran track in high school and college). However, as I have gotten a little older, I am more and more reliant on medications such as Symbicort, Predenisone and Albuterol inhalants. In fact, I find that I am becoming very dependent on them. Now I am having occassional erectal dysfunction . It seems as though I am unable to sustain an erection as my breathing quickens during sexual contact (btw - I ve been married to the same great lady for 32 years - but she still turns my head!). I really need to determine if there is a correlation between my respiratory problems and my inability to maintain an erection. Do other guys with similar health issues experience this? If so, what do they do? Please help - its driving me crazy!
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012