Numbness in arms and chest post waking, lightening flash in the brain on raising arms with continuous weakness. Cause?

I sleep on my left side..this morning both of my arms were numb like they asleep from laying on them and the left side of my chest felt like it was asleep...when my alarm clock went off I could barely raise my arms and it felt like a lightning flash in my brain. My arms have been weak all day. I am 45 ..female..white
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Hi due to pressure while you were in sleep this happens as your brachial nerve presses due to some posture.the flashing in brain is tingling it may numb temporary.i think within 12-24 hours you will be ok as the pressure relives.For a day or two sleep in supine position on hard bed.