Noticed bleeding. Had ultrasound. Stated gestational sac misshapen. successful pregnancy?

Due to bleeding ( light pink in color when wiping, now brownish 2 days later) I had an us at that measured 5 weeks 3 days according to my doctor i am 5 weeks 6 days. He stated that the gestational sac was misshapen. is there a chance of a successful pregnancy at this point? My doctor did say it may be a miscarriage or may not. I have a follow up us in 5 more days. Just wasn't to know my chances since the doctor was so unclear.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013