Noticeable vein across the rib cage with soreness over the area. Cause?

On my right side, it feels like there is a vein (maybe the diameter of a large earth worm ) that runs across the type of my rib cage. It appears to start between the 3rd/4th rib from the bottom. I noticed soreness on that side when I d wake up in the morning last week. Over the weekend I started to notice the vein. I have no answer but have the same thing going on and was looking for answers. Have you heard anything since you wrote this?? I have no history of breast cancer or trauma.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012