Not on periods due, have brown spotting with red color. Had missed taking pill on scheduled time, on weight management supplements. Normal?

I ve been spitting brownish discharge with little red color on and off for past few days. I am not due for my period until next week and was on time last month. In addition, middle of August at my last annual i was put on a new birth control with higher levels of hormones. I take birth control regularly, but missed a pill this month and took it immediately the next morning when I remembered. I have not had sex in 4 months, I workout and muy thai kick box 5-6 days a week, diet, under a lot of stress and emotional personal issues, took natural water pills last month, laxatives at start of this new months cycle period and natural weight management supplements as well. Could this be a concern or is it something normal ?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Irregular bleeding is the most common effect of contraceptives .
This should be and from the irregular use of contraceptives,higher dose of hormones,stress.
You should not be concerned and take care for your self as you do