Nodule on the thyroid, ultrasound biopsy showed unhealthy cells. What does that mean?

hello, I am a 66 y old female. Have had breast cancer 15 yrs ago. Lumpectomy and radiation . Recently my GP hhought she felt a nodule on my thyroid. After checking via ultrasound the nodules on the left and right are below the size for taking any kind of action. However they found a nodule right in the middle that you cannot feel because of the location. They did an ultrasound biopsy (which by the way was not easily obtained - took 3 tries. ) Anyway it turned out that some of the tissue was normal and some was unhealthy cells. They will do another biopsy at a later date. Can you explain what that means? Unhealthy / suspicious cell (tissue) ? Thank you, Penny
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012