No sensation in the clitoris due to mutilation. Concerned about sexual life

Hello, I am 30 years old in good health a side from weight at 142lbs. I have come down from 179 since January. However this is not why I am here. As a child I was sexually abused by a stepfather, he mutilated me by cutting part of my clitoral area off. Now I do not feel anything there. I am due to be married in the coming year and I fear being able to keep my future husband happy. I have a difficult time becoming aroused . It happened when I was 8. Is there anything that can be done? I feel rather foolish asking this.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Sorry to read about the childhood trauma.Other than clitoris there are nerve endings all over the genital area to transmit sexual impulses.By focussing and strengthening these areas you should be able to achieve arousal.Your future husbands happiness would not be affected in anyway.
You may need professional counceling to get rid of the past trauma from your mind,and to create awareness of all the sensate focus available to you.Dont despair.I am sure you would overcome your problem.