No relief with pain on intake of colcrys. Should I take a stronger dose?

I took some colcrys a few minutes ago. The last time I took colcrys, it made me feel like I had the flu . I got weak, was nauseated, threw up, had diarrhea , and in general was sick for several days. The foot pain very gradually declined. Because of this experience, I was reluctant to take colcrys again. In the past, I had taken colchicine and besides an upset stomach , it took care of the pain and the attack was soon over. I was expecting the same with colcrys, but no. Even the directions were different for cochicine. With colchicine, I took 2 tablets and then an additional tablet every 1 to 2 hours until the pain stopped. With colcrys, the directions were 2 tablets per day and this just didn t seem to help the pain. Am I doing something wrong or do I need a stronger dose? Right now the pain is killing me.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013