No periods, sore breasts and spotting. Sterilization done long time back. Not pregnant. Then why is it happening?

Hi i have not had a period for the last 2 months .My periods were always regular not heavy they would last about 3 days .I have been sterilised 12 years ago and my partner has had a vasectamy 16 yrs ago.Out of panic i did do a pregnancy test and it came back negitive .I have had all the usual symptoms that i get when going to start my period ie sore breasts ,spots and feeling bloated but then it just goes away as it usually does when i have finished my period .Do you know why this maybe happening .I am 44 yrs old Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
It seems that as you are in pre-menopausal age there is some hormonal changes going on giving you this problem.
This type of irregularity may remain for some time till you get menopause.
Nothing to worry, there is no risk of having pregnancy as you sterilized and your partner also gone for vasectomy.
Ok and take care.