No period, negative pregnancy tests. Cramps after stopping birth control. History of abortion. Any suggestions?

Hi. The first day of my last period was july 31 and i havent had another period since. I took 5 home pregnancy tests since then and all came up negative. I went to the doctor about a month ago and took a urine test and that was also negative. Around may or june i came off of birth control (which i took for 2-2.5yrs). After my last period, i got cramps and felt as if i was going to start my period around the expected time, but it never came. After that the cramps subsided and ive yet to have my period. Ive been pregnant before while on birth control and didnt experience much symptoms other than fatigue , and easily emotional. During that time i didnt even know i was pregnant til i was about 20wks and had an abortion . Right now i would be happy to be pregnant or not, i just want to know what could be going on because ive never gone so long without my period and im getting worried and i feel the doctor i went to didnt seem concerned and just gave me the run arounds. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Welcome to HCM,
Thanks for your query, since all the urine tests done by you are negative there is very low chance that you are pregnant. Doubt arises because you are not having your regular menses though you have signs of them. In this situation i would suggest you to undergo a whole abdomen Ultrasound, if will serve dual purpose , will rule out pregnancy as well will help search for the cause of your crampy abdominal pain. DO take care of yourself.