No period after having unprotected sex. Negative pregnancy test. Worried

HI doc, I need an expert advise from you, I m 31 yrs old mom, but just a few months back i encountered a 2 months delay on my period. I supposed to have my period last 28th of January. I went for an annual vacation last December 27 and the day after I got my monthly period. My husband left in the place where we work so in almost 1 month we don t have any contact at all. Then I return back on the 20th of January 2013, and 22nd we had intercourse knowing that I m safe we didn t use a contraceptive , before that I noticed spot on my pad so I tought my period has to come. But till to date i don t have a period. I did pregnancy test and then for the 3rd time it was negative. My latest test was last 10th of this month and still negative.I m about to see a doctor because I M WORRIED of my health. Is there any reason why is this happening to me? what will be the probable cause? Please enlighten me..
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
There are many causes for delayed periods and tension is one of commonest causes.Since your pregnancy test is negative you can rule out pregnancy by ultrasound.Since you are going to consult a Doctor in near feature,there is nothing to worry.Hopefully your Doctor will be able to determine cause for your delayed periods.
Hope this answers your question.