No peace full sleep in night, keep waking up in night. Solution?

AT NIGHT EVEN MY HAIR AND FEET ARE WET, I DO CHANGE SEVEAL TIMES , THEN WHEN I GET UP IN TH MORNING I AM TIRED. HOW DO I GET ENOUGH SLEEP. I DONT CARE IF I EAT OR NOT. BUT IDO EAT AT LEAST ONT FULL MEAL A DAY ADDING LOTS OF FRUIT AND RAW VEGGIES. I ALSO DRINGK AS MUCH WATER AS I CAN. WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP MYSELF... I AM AN 80 YEAR OLD HOMEBOUND PATIENT. I WALK AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Dec 2014
Hello
Welcome to HCM

You are having poor sleep, sweating in night, tiredness in morning. These are really troubling symptoms. You are 80 and at this age problem of sleep is very common. Usually minimum 6 hrs sleep is must for your age. I will advise you to visit a psychiatrist and take opinion regarding medicines. Improving sleep hygiene is also a good method to improve sleep. Medicines like benzodiazepine are useful for insomnia but they can cause frequent falls in elderly. Newer drugs as Tamazepam can be used in your case. So please visit a Psychiatrist and take opinion.

Thanks
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist Dr. Payman Hajiazim's  Response
Hi there, thanks for asking. it is better that your doctor do a full physical exam to see what may be the reason for it. It you have a lot of sweating, it could be related to diabetes, or sleep apnea, or REM behavior disorder that could be a sign of Parkinson disease. Check the temperature of the room to be between 18 and 24 centigrades. If it is warmer, that could be the cause. Be sure to drink enough water during the night, other wise your body may be affected by loss of water in the middle of the night. I wish you a good health.