Niggling headache, sensitive scalp, lumps on forehead. Medications not helped. How to cure?

Dear Doctor Keerthi, I am very worried about my brother who, for the past 10 days has had a niggling headache , well not so much a headache, perhaps more, a sensitive scalp which is making him feel vague, he has also developed some lumps on his forehead . He has not eaten for several days and has no energy and rests most of the time. The headache is not going away. He has been to hospital and had several blood tests, though I dont know what sort of tests were given. He also saw his doctor who prescribed antibiotics and Panadol but these have not helped. He is 70 years old. We dont know what to do to help. Your help would be most appreciated. I am his sister. Many thanks Holly
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query regarding your brother.

He needs detailed investigations to find out the correct diagnosis. The main things seem to be loss of appetite and lack of energy. I would be interested in knowing the blood reports such as sugar, sodium, calcium, cholesterol, thyroid, liver and kidney test reports. Please upload them.

In addition, an ultrasound scan of the abdomen and brain CT scan should be done, and upload them also.

We need to exclude an infection or in rare cases, a cancer in these situations.
I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: