Nexplanon implant inserted. No period initially. Then heavy period, mood swings, headaches. Suggestions?

hi, im 22 years old. i had the nexplanon implant inserted in january 2012 and i have had no period since then? until 3 weeks ago....i have been on for 3 weeks non stop, it turns from brown to bright red constantly along with mood swings, headaches etc....i sont understand? everybody says if it was not going to work it would of done it already but i just cant understand why i am on now? and why so long :(...i was hoping its my bodys way of just catching up and getting rid of some excess blood but i dont no....please help
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013