Newborn having loose stools. Prescribed with Neocate. Milk intolerance? Can the medication be given?

My baby daughter is 9 weeks old and for 2 weeks has had loose motions. She is still putting on weight, a good colour and my health visitor said to just watch for any change otherwise feed her through it. I couldn t get to see my doctor and he just left a prescription for Advance Neocate as she my be intolerant to baby milk. She was fine on her formula until a couple of weeks ago when her motions became looser. On visiting my health visitor again, she had never heard of Advance Neocate and it says on the label not to be given to infants under 1 yrs of age. What should I do.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012