Took augmentin for sinus infection. Stopped medication. Still suffer from cramps and constipation. Cure?

I took Augmenten for 6 days for treatment of a sinus infection. I was warned to take the medication with food and that I might have loose stools. I quit taking the medication after 6 days because of cramps and constipation. My stools
are tiny, round and hard when I can go. Five days after going off the medication and I still have painful constipation.
Nothing has changed in my diet. I tried a stool softener yesterday. How long will the medication stay in my system?
What should I do? This is causing a problem at work. I am a teacher.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013