New glasses, head ache. Shall i visit opthalmologist?

iv had some new glasses for some time and now when i take them off i feel dizzy my right eye socket starts to hurt i sometimes get headpain when i touch around my eye socket it really hurts i dont whats going on could it be my glasses has i change my opticians please help i mainly wear my glasses for long distance and tv
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi there. If this has begun only after changing your glasses, then the complaint is related to those. Sometimes when the prescription changes, it takes a while to get used to them. Try them out for a week and if there is no improvement, you may have to confirm the spectacle prescription with your optician as well as whether the number in the prescription and the glasses match. If everything matches to begin with, almost all patients are fine after a week.