New born baby having episodes of foam in the mouth in sleep. Rice cereal recommended. Will this choke the baby?

My six-week old daughter has had a few frightening episodes lately ( at least for us). She foams at the mouth and spits up when sleeping. In the midst of this, she panics and gags. Once, she aspirated and we went to the emergency room. The pediatrician recommended rice cereal added to her formula to prevent spitting up- along with all other precautions ( elevating the head, etc.). However, the Enfamil A.R. caused so much distress for her that I worry the rice cereal will just do the same. Also, the rice cereal may choke her, or so I have read. Any ideas or suggestions?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013