Never hungry

Hi, I'm a 21 year old girl. I haven't felt hungry since I was 13. I don't have a problem with food, I eat normally, but it's because I like to eat, not because I'm hungry. I'm neither fat nor thin, just normal and perfectly healthy. But like I said, I never ever feel hungry. I tested myself, like going for a long time eating nothing, and still, no hunger. Every time I've asked a doctor about it, they would just say "You must eat", but I already do... Nothing seems to explain why I'm never hungry. It's not a bad thing I guess, but something could be wrong... Do you have any insight?
Asked On : Mon, 24 May 2010
The feeling of hunger is mainly controlled by hypothalamus. It seems that you have learned this behavior of not feeling hungry over time. This is a behavioral modification. Since you are able to eat normally so any organic cause is unlikely. Still a thorough evaluation from your general physician will help in ruling out the organic causes.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal

I feel the same way. Do you have depression. Ever since my breakdown i never feel hungry. I eat however and if i over eat i vomit. I'm asking the same question you are but haven't found an answer