Need information on what happens when the body senses an intrusion of an infection in the lung

Hello, My name is SAAAA and i am currently a student at kaplan university and i am taking anatomy and philology 2. I am have to do an assignment on which i have to trace a path from the femoral vein up info the lower left lobe of the lung , I am needing assistance in which way i am needing to go. I have to describe what i am seeing and then describe what the body is doing in reaction to an infection in the lung once i get there. I cannot find any useful information on what happens when the body senses an intrusion of an infection in the lung. If you could help me i would be greatly thankful. AAAA
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013