Neck pain, radiating to arms, twitching shoulders. Cervical MRI shows stenosis, disc bulging. Surgery recommended?

This is my cervical spine MRI findings: at the level of c3-c4, there is disc bulging , with a component of chronic-appearing left paracentral/lateral disc protrusion and vertebral osteophyte complex which indents the left anterior margin of the thecal sac narrowing the left aspect of the spinal canal and resulting in moderate-marked stenosis of the left neural foramen affecting the exiting left-sided roots. The right neural foramen is also moderately narrawed due to uncinate hypertrophy . at the level of c4-c5, there is disc bulging with a superimposed component of focal central/right paracentral disc protrusion which measures 3-4 mm in width X approximately 3 mm in anteroposterior extent causing mass effect on the anterior margin of the spinal cord and moderate canal stenosis. The right neural foramen is narrowed to a moderate degree due to uncinate and facet arthropathy. The left neural foramen is mildly narrowed. at the level of c-5-c6, there is chronic appearing disc degeneration of the disc. There is a superimposed central/right paracentral disc protrusion which results in mass affect upon the spinal cord and anteroposterior extent beyond the vertebral body margin. The herniated disc material ascends slightly along the inferior margin of the c-5 vertebral body to the right of midline. There is moderate-marked stenosis of the right neural foramen due to lateral disc-osteophyte complex formation and facet arthrophathy. The left neural foramen is only mildly narrowed. I have been having severe pain in my neck and it has been radiating down my arm and into my thumb and index finger. My muscles in my shoulder have also been twitching uncontrollably. Would you recommend surgery from reading this cervical MRI?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012