Neck pain, head pain, feels pressure, swollen forehead, taken counter medicine

I have a a pain that starts at the base of my neck and travels up my neck to my head then wraps around to the front of my head. It feels as though there is a lot of pressure. I have taken over the counter meds and nothing has helped. Also the middle of my forehead seems to be swollen as well it also hurt to move my neck in anyway. What can u do?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
it looks to me that you are having symptoms of cervical spondylitis. i would suggest you to take following steps.
1.Avoid using very high pillow or a very soft mattress
2. Take tablet Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine daiy
3.Apply hot water fomentation and Diclofenec ointment at neck
4.Visit a physiotherapist and start neck muscle strengthening exercises
5.Myoril or Myospaz are muscle relaxant if pain and tightness is very severe
MRI needed if symptoms persist after these steps.