Neck pain and headaches after hitting head. Why are shoulder sore? What to do?

My 14 yr old son wrecked his dirtbike and hit his head on pavement, yesterday about 18 hours ago. He didn t lose consciousness (sp?). Complained of headache and neck hurting. Went to bed last night, woke up this morning with soreness from shoulder to shoulder and up neck. Didn t see the accident, not sure how hard he hit his head, there is no bump . I gave him Tylenol and he is at school now. I don t know what to do? He wasn t complaining of any other symptoms this morning. And he has a very low tolerence for pain. Should I just see how he does the rest of the day?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012