Nausea, generalized soreness, pelvic pain, inflamed vulva, vaginal itching, cheesy discharge. Thoughts?

Hi. I was wondering about herpes . On July 18th I had unprotected sex with a new partner who told me that he had a clean bill of health and had recently been tested (Though i dont know which stds he was tested for). On August 1st I got a bump on the inside of my labia however it was not a blister it was a pimple type thing which looked like an ingrown hair , it was below the skin surface though I was able to pop it and blood/pus came out, after a day it went away and left no crusting or anything. On August 3rd I had done some heavy physical activity (on vacation) and afterwards felt extremely sore/dehydrated/pain everywhere. I felt fairly naseous that evening, I felt as though I may have had flu-like symptoms but I dont know if it was from over-exertion or something else. I had some pain in my lower left pelvic area (Which I sometimes get while ovulating and this was definitely ovulation time). All of this resolved in less than a few days. Now, August 8th I am having vaginal itching and a bit of white cottage cheesey discharge, a red vulva slightly inflamed but not alot. I am wondering if this could be herpes or if this is a result of say, sitting in a wet bathing suit or smething, i am somewhat prone to yeast infections and it feels similar to one. Had I not had that ingrown hair, (or herpes???) I would not be concerned. I plan to get tested but am wondering if you have thoughts on this?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012