Nasal congestion. Used expired medicine. Nasal burning, headache. Concerned

Hi Dr. Mintz, I am actually a fourth year medical student. I had severe nasal congestion earlier today and could not sleep, even though I tried for hours. I was at my wit s end, so I found some Nasacort spray and oxymetazoline nasal spray and used abut 2-3 sprays in each nostril (about an hour apart). I realized after the fact that both were expired. I am having severe nasal burning and headache now that has not really improved in the last hour or two. I have no idea what to do to relieve this immediate pain, and whether or not I should be concerned abut infection given my use of expired medications. I feel quite stupid for my rash decision, but would really appreciate your suggestions.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012