Myopia in eyes, premature child, wearing glasses. Cure other than surgery?

I have one son and who have high myopia on both eye and both eye have minus power. Out of two eye, one eye have minus 12 and another eye have minus 11.My son is pre term baby and he was born at 32 weeks.Now he is wearing glass on both eye as per doctor advice but pl. let me know how it is possible to cure and if not now then infuture it is possible to cure? I mean to say any possibility or any other way (surgery) for curable of those disease.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012