My ultrasound shows cysts. Can I get pregnant. Treatment?

My ultrasound report says: Right overy:- measuring 35mm* 34mm having a cyst measuring 30mm* has smooth walls and clear fluid is seen in it. Impression is of follicular retention cyst. No solid component is there. Left overy:-measuring 30mm*22 mm showing a hyperechoic cyst measuring 21mm*20mm. Impression is of demoid cyst. No mass is there. Pelvis:- small quantity of free fluid seen in the cul-de-sac. I woud like to know wether I can become pregnant in the presence of cysts and also what kind of treatment I am expecting? Antibiotics or an operation? Thanks. Sara.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Cystic disease of the ovaries does reduce your fertility, but does not make it impossible, depending on whether you are ovulating or not, this your Gynecologist can determine. The treatment may include surgical drainage of the cyst via laparoscope , and hormonal manipulation.
Hi, Thanks for query,
Yes you can pregnant While you have an ovarian cyst , because the presence of the cyst means you are ovulating which is good sign and a chance for you to a get pregnant.
Ovarian cyst are common and should cause no problem to getting pregnant.
However, there is a type of ovarian cyst called a polycystic (PCOS) Which is an Endocrine (Hormonal) condition that can fertility, and a gynaecologist should be consult.
With Regards,