My nine year old daughter vomit yellow bile but doesn't have fever

my nine year old daughter vomit yellow bile but doesnt have a fever my nine year old vomit yellow bile but doesnt have a fever then two days later vomits again,what could this be?she recently stoped taking allergy pills .she hasnt eaten any bad food,shes not sick or anthing like that,she vomitted in the morning,then 2 days later again at night and yellow bile came out.i give her juice plus gummies
Asked On : Mon, 31 Jan 2011
welcome to HeathcareMagic
The yellow vomiting of your 9 yrs old is due to hyperacidity in her stomach.Ask her whether she feels sensation to vomit before meals and if yes it is due to stress on her body leading to gastritis.You can give her Ondensetron 4 mg twice a day if she has vomiting sensation and even antacid like Digene or Gelusil in liquid form.Just in case she does not feel better you have to consult a Paediatrician for examination and treatment.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Vomiting out of yellow bile in an empty stomach is a normal expected finding. The vomiting is usually caused by gastro intestinal problems and subsides with drugs like stemetil in 3-4 days. Do take care to keep her adequately hydrated and give her a oil free bland food which is easy to digest like plain rice.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal