My mother developed an edema in her lower extremities and always sleepy. She had lungs problem

hi my mother has some problem in her lungs last month and took some medication to avoid infection. now she had to go to the doctor because she developed and edema in her lower extremities and always sleepy. she was suspecting it due to her kidney stone, which was diagnosed years back. had some lab test, ultrasound and yes, the stone is still in her kidney but lab results says her BUN and creatinine are normal and besides she has no pain whatsoever in her lower back. i m worried that her edema is due to cardiac temponade which is also related to her lung problem last month and not due to her kidney stone. please enlighten me about this. thank you in advance.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Mar 2010