What can cause increased heart rate while climbing stairs?

I walked upstairs and was slightly out of breath. I sat down and noticed my heart rate was elevated but no pain or discomfort. I then noticed I could see my heart rate in my eyes as it caused them to pulse. I'm just wondering if that is a problem.
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, it could be Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic See an Internist / get yourself examined / at times, basic investigation may be necessary... This could mean several things – the first thing is to rule out heart attack. The presentation could be atypical. / Breathlessness needs to be investigated for heart failure or lung problem too. / Pulsation of eyes could mean problem with the arteries there or behind… You SHOULD SEE YOUR DOCTOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE... In suspected heart attack, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE – if detected early, an attack may even be aborted / the amount of damage and complications can be reduced remarkably. The most important time is the first few hours. Go to ER / Better be safe than sorry - treated if a problem is found / Happy, if it turns out otherwise Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless