My mom has hypertersion disorder and finally an ear disorder associated to Vertigo. What is the possible reason to have this?

My mom suddenly began to suffer a dizziness all the time one month ago. She was checked by 4 general physicians, telling she has an hypertersion disorder and finally an ear disorder associated to Vertigo . Then an Otolaryngologist checked her confirming in fact it is a disorder at her ear, being involved a nerve on the left side of the head, but he requested to be examined by the Neurologist . The appointment with this doctor is for February this year, but we are concerned with this disorder. Moreover, no headache is present. May anyone of you guide us to hypothesize in the finding of the possible causes of this?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Jan 2011