My daughter has large red spot below iris.The spot doesn't change the color.Will this problem remain as she grows ?

Hi, my baby daughter was born with a red large spot, just below the iris. It is covered by the eyelid, but when she looks up we can see the spot clearly. She s almost 9 months now. The spot doesn t seem to change the color, it s a strong pink salmon color (like a pale red). Our pediatrician told us to monitor the spot, but we are worried that it grows as our baby grows bigger. What this can be?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Apr 2011