My daughter has a hole in her ear drum. She has been on several different anti-biotics.

5 year old with a hole in the ear drum My daughter is 5 and has a hole in her ear drum after a 6 week ear infection that would not go away. It has been almost 4 more weeks since being diagnosed with the hole in her ear drum and even though I am keeping her ear dry it is still pussing. The Dr. gave me drops to use whenever I saw fluid, but the fluid hasn t stopped! Dr. says she will not be able to have surgery to heal the rupture until she is older so what do I do about the puss??? She has been on several different anti-biotics already and has had her ear flushed 3 times. Should I be worried? She complains of pain and is having trouble hearing out of it.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Jan 2011