My boyfriend is taking zoloft in Post-traumatic stress disorder and behaving differently

My boyfriend has been diagnosed with PTSD from war related trauma. Without medication he is an irritable, edgy, anxious person with little signs of depression . His doctor has put him on zoloft and he is now uninterested in normal things that make him happy. He is very tired all day, does not want to spend time with me or the kids. He is less irritable and a little less anxious but is very distant and says that he feels apathetic and disconnected. Should he be taking a different medication? I'm afraid this will only get worse.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jun 2010