My R. breast has become inexplicably swollen. Any suggestions ?

Breast Augmentation 16 years ago, R. breast pain, swelling x 5 days I am Caucasian, 50 years old, and in relatively good health until approximately two months ago. I have had breast implants for approximately 14 years with no related issues until 5 days ago. My R. breast has become inexplicably swollen, tender to touch, intermittent throbbing (I even have difficulty wearing a bra without pain), with pain radiating straight through to the R. side of my upper back. I had a chest CT 6 days ago to rule out a pulmonary embolism due to intermittent L. leg swelling and shortness of breath I have been experiencing for two months. The PE has been thankfully ruled out. My physician has also ordered a mammogram which I will be getting next week. Wouldn t the CT show any anomalies of the R. breast? I am concerned my physician may be missing the mark here. I am in an accelerated RN program, and my doctor feels the symptoms I am experiencing are due to stress. She has prescribed Xanax. While stress can produce a myriad of symptoms such as shortness of breath, I have difficulty believing stress will also cause a swollen, R breast with pain radiating through to the R upper back. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Jan 2011