My 45 yr old husband has been failing faint, What could it be ?

My 45 yr old husband has been failing faint for the past week.?
He asked me to take him to the hospital this past Sunday. He is still there and it is Tues. eve. Since Sunday, his heart rate, which has ALWAYS been low (bradycardia) usually 50bpm, has been in the 30's. The doctor ordered EKG, blood and stress test - they came back negative. An echocardiogram was ordered, but our regular doctor's office keeps faxing the report to the wrong hospital, so we don't have the results yet. Today he had a carotid artery Doppler test as well as a chest MRI. We don't have results yet. He doesn't feel faint today, but he has a heaviness in his chest and since yesterday, he said it has morphed into feeling like a burning inside his chest. They gave him an injection for gastric relief- the nurse thought perhaps the burning is heartburn. He is in good shape, not overweight, does not smoke, drinks a little, works very hard. What could it be? So far, they don't know. Can anyone hazard a guess as to what it is? Tomorrow they want to do a catheterization.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009