My 4 year old son suffering from fever with ear infection and has a lump in his neck. What could be wrong with him ?

I need to see if my son could be seriously ill or just suffering from a common flu . For a couple of months now he has been getting sick constantly. He is 4 years old and suffered from two ear infections back to back and at this time the doctor says he has fluid in both ears but its not infected. He is completely pale most of the time and looks gray at times. He suffers from a constant stuffy nose. He has a low grade fever (99.8-101) and has been very lethargic lately. He wants to play and then after a couple minutes he comes back to lay down because he s tired. He wakes up with a headache the past few mornings and has very little appetite. The left side of his neck has little lumps in it that the doctor just said are swollen glands. I have this gut wrentching feeling that there is something seriously wrong but his doctor just keeps telling me to wait and see if he gets worse. He just isn t acting normally and he s just not getting better. I hate to sit here and wait if something serious could be happening. Thoughts?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Feb 2011