My 3Yr 9 months old son was suffering from cough , cold & fever, please help

Dear Doctor, My son 3Yr 9 months old was suffering from cough , cold and fever maximum was 102.5 for 1 dayand rest 4 days with fever ranging between 99 and 101. I had given him homeopathic medicines.Later we went to his paeditrician and the doctor had diagonosed throat infection, but chest clear and had given him an antibiotic. By the day end his fever had also subsided, as such we did not give him antibiotic. Now the problem is even after 10 days his cough is not clearing up and he is spitting slightly greenish cough. Shall i give him the antibiotic? Pl help.
Asked On : Mon, 3 May 2010