Muscle pulled while playing, swollen leg, penile bruise, pain in right groin area. Should go or treatment?

My boyfriend thinks he pulled a muscle in his right side playing golf. This happened a few weeks ago but he continued to play and now his right side is swollen and red as of a couple days ago. Today he noticed is penis is bruised but doesn t hurt and no bleeding when he urinates. He said he has been having pain in his right groin area but it seems to be getting better. What did he do and does he need to be seen by someone?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would recommend you to see a doctor . It looks like a groin sprain though, and it will be relieved in 2 weeks time. I would also suggest him to start taking Brufen tablet an Diclofenec gel. I would also suggest him to sit in a tub filled with hot water tub. This will provide him hot water fomentation.