Muscle pain, knots in calf muscle, hurts to walk. Why is this happening?

I have extremely painful muscle aches. I am 38. I am overweight and working on that. I have been having sharp pains piercing my larger muscle groups in the past few months. Now my calf muscle just knots up with any physical activity. My achiles tendon feels stiff despite stretching and heating. It hurts to walk most of the time but I force myself to do it just in case I need to stretch. I hurt getting out of bed, walking and forget about kneeling down! I don t know why this is suddenly happening. I was very active until about 28 years old when I went back to school, had 2 children and got married.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012