Motiabind treatment without operation.

My father aged 75 suffering with motiabind since last one year. Is there any treatment without operation. He is diabetic too.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Aug 2011
Hi Anuradha,

Welcome to HCM.
Best treatment for Cataract (Motiabind) is surgery. Cataract formation is accelerated by diabetes. Before cataract surgery can be done diabetes has to be controlled.
It is better that he has surgery now, because as time passes the condition will become worse and his ability to withstand surgery will also go down.
Wishing your father all the best.
There is no medical treatment for motiabind .Surgery is only option.Donot delay surgery as he is diabetic he needs surgical correction of cataract with lens implanation and his retina has to be checked reguraly as ther are chances of having diabetic retinopathy.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.