Mitral valve prolapse, irregular heart beat, dizziness, severe headaches. Recommendations?

Good morning, I am a 25 year old female and I suffer from prolapse of the mitral valve and also irregular heart rythem. For the last 3 days i have suffered from dizziness , sickness and severe head aches. My Sistolic amount this morning was 113 and my diastolic 62, this was after drinking coffee and eating. I visited the doctor yesterday who recommended rest but I continue to feel very ill. What do you recommend? thank you
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
welcome to healthcare magic.
the clinical features of mitral prolapse is typical of mitral regurgitation.
your sickness,dizziness & headache probably all are due to low cardiac output.
An echo is better for evaluating the present condition.
It will give idea about the heart failure & ejection fraction.
It will also help for the formulation of treatment.