Missed two cycles, negative pregnancy test, have a bit of belly. Could it be something else?

So I just took a pregnancy test and it came out negative, this was not what I was expecting because I havn t had a period in what feels like ages and the last time I did it only lasted less than a day, I wasn t concerned before because I had just recently stopped taking the pills so I assumed the short period was because of that, but now i have missed probably two and im getting a bit of a belly on me. should I go buy another test? I did everything right the way the instructions said and its defiantly a negative. could something else cause me to miss my period and my belly swell up like this?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012
In the current scenario, the best thing to do is to see a gynecologist, undergo a complete physical evaluation, get a serum beta-hCG titre estimation along with a trans-vaginal sonogram. This will rule out any pregnancy or if present, confirm the gestational age and the viability, so that you can take further precautions. If pregnancy is excluded, you should get further investigations including a complete hormonal profile to know the cause of the absence of cycles and for further management. Hope this helps.