Missed taking microgestin fe. Have spotting. Delayed periods. Pregnancy chances?

I ve been taking microgestin fe 1/20 for 4 months...this last month i missed one pill on week 2, but took it right away and didn t miss anymore; however, i started spotting and it lasted 2 weeks...some days heavier than others. i did have sex spotting. it stopped on the last day of week 3 before i was supposed to get my period, but i didn t get my period at all. may i be pregnant?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Since you did not effectively miss any dose ( as you claim to have made up immediately), your cycle should be protected well enough. Had you missed a pill and made up after a day, two pills should be taken in the next dose or additional protection sought. In the current scenario, you can exclude/confirm pregnancy through estimation of the serum beta-hCG titres along with a clinical evaluation before you start on your next pack of pills. if negative, you can go for the next pack even if you do not see a period. Hope this helps.