Missed periods, spotting, brown discharge, no bleeding. History of cystic ovaries. Normal symptoms?

HI, I haven t had my period for 6 months. Now I am spotting with light brown coagulated blood and my one ovary (right) is excruciatingly sore. I have experienced my PMS symptoms during the past 6 months but no bleeding . I have used a pregnancy test each week, but the results are negative. I have also had 3 instances of cystic ovaries in the past year and a half. Is the brown muck normal? What can I do?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013