Missed periods, sharp vaginal pain, light cramps. When to test for pregnancy?

Hi I missed my period but have sharp cramp in my vagina and some light cramps as if it will show up! I have 25 day cycle but in June my period was late too but I was not pregnant so I am assuming its happening again the 11th would make it 35 day cycle just like when I missed my period in June should I wait till then to test ?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

You should go for urine pregnancy test for confirmation.However it may also be due to delayed period as it is very common in ladies.
Urine pregnancy test depend upon hCG hormone in urine which is excreted only after fertilization of ovum.Fertilization process take some time.
Generally,Urine pregnancy test is done after missed period for confirmation of pregnancy,but Ultrasound of pelvis is the investigation of choice for confirmation of pregnancy.It can detect G-sac earliest.

Hope i have answered your query.
Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan