Missed period, spotting, severe cramps, negative pregnancy test. Usually had regular periods with heavy flow. Cause?

Hello I was 3 weeks late on my period an when it did finally start it was very light only spotting for 2 days and now for a day and a half it has been more then spotting but still light, my periods are usually VERY heavy and for 7 day lots of cramps but I have not had it this time. I took blood test and hpt about 2 weeks ago and both were negative. What could this period mean? am i pregnant?
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012